Saturday, September 19, 2015

À mon goût



We were back to the "Restaurant Gouttenegre" and were served a real old fashioned country dinner, one I remember from my youth.  Delicious!


Soup with a chicken broth base brimming with veggies such as carrots, onions, potatoes, beans, zucchini, and a few tomato pieces.


Karl's favourite entrée, some ham with melon. This ham is really good and flavourful.  I read somewhere that the butter is served with ham to balance out the salt of the meat.


Good old-fashioned fried pork chops with a boiled potato and well-seasoned cabbage.


The usual assortment of fantastic cheese.  A great variety.


To my knowledge, Mémère is not reading my blog.  But she must be a mind reader because much to my surprise, she served a roll-cake for dessert!  I wrote about this cake in a previous posting.  She added a big spoonful of extra jam for that sweet tooth.  Wow!  I took my time eating, but I soon had an empty plate.  Much too soon...  This dessert sure appealed to my taste buds.

 
 
 À mon goût.  Au goût de chez-nous!
 
 
***
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment